Friday, 16 December 2011

Scented Candles and Gift Box


 I finally finished my scented candles and gift box yesterday.  Unfortunately they didn't turn out quite as planned (I'd made the candle transfers BEFORE making the candles, based on measurements of a shop bought votive.  My candles, however, weren't filled enough so the transfers were slightly too big!  I had no tissue paper left to make more so I've just ploughed on and used them.  If you can't read what the label says, it's "Bougie Parfumée - Un cadeau a la main de Clare"  (Scented Candles - A handmade gift from Clare).  They smell amazing if I do say so myself!  (Jasmine & Rosemary)  The label graphic is from The Graphics Fairy  (thank you Karen!) and I edited the text in Photoshop.

The box is made with this gorgeous K&Co paper, covered in French newsprint and a "stamp" of the Eiffel tower.  After using lace around the lid I decided to keep the top simple with a label saying the same as the candle labels.  I was lucky to have the insert from a box of shop bought votives to hold the candles neatly, and made the box around that.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and how brave to make your own candles. Lucky recipient, sure they'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ali! They're for my stepmum, she loves scented candles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...