Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Hot free fonts

Click for larger image
Long before I started crafting I became a bit of a font geek.  I can spend HOURS browsing through fonts websites and have amassed a HUGE collection of fonts over the years (too many to even know what I've got!).  Crafting has given me a whole new excuse to peruse and drool over fonts again, looking for the perfect font for a card or tag.

Lately I've found myself being drawn to the same fonts every time I open Photoshop up.  I absolutely adore these and wanted to share them with you.  (Links will take you to external sites).


FFF Tusj - not exactly an attractive name, but it's the one i use for my blog header and I love it's sketchy form.

HandTimes - Times New Roman is BORING!  Hand drawn Times is fab!

Huxtable - A bit of an Olde English/comic book style one.  Another hand drawn looking font (seems to be my fetish at the mo!).

Janda Curlygirl Serif  & Janda Curlygirl Chunky - Are part of the same font set.  I've been using this cute font on Christmas cards.

Jellyka Delicious Cake - More like Jellyka Delicious Font!  My favourite calligraphy font at the moment.

Ecuyer Dax - A formal vintage style serif font, resembling old letterpress type.  I used this in conjunction with vintage graphics from The Graphics Fairy (awesome site!).

Mailart Rubberstamp - The name describes it perfectly.  The theme for my current favourites is obviously sketchy/inky!

Helvetidoodle - Another standard font (the eternal classic Helvetica), given a hand drawn look.

Carnivalee Freakshow - I LOVE anything that is vintage circus style!  This also is the closest font I've been able to find to Tim Holtz's Vintage Market Alphabet Die.  I'd love to know if there's a better match.


Pea Mel's In Between - This has got to be my favourite handwriting font!  I could have made this post all about ALL of the fonts on Kevin and amanda's site, ALL of the fonts are AMAZING!  Amanda makes the fonts from handwriting that their blog readers send in.  If you always wanted your own handwriting as a font, then check out the site.

I do hope you check out these fonts and enjoy using them as much as I do.  As with everything on the internet though, do check each license for each font.  Some authors permit commercial use, others don't.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...